Sunday, August 18, 2013

A little taste of Japan

Hi guys! So this post is not going to be a beauty/fashion post but its very special to me. So around December I was going through a tough time with depression and such. Didn't have to many friends at the time and felt very lonely. At that time, they offered my mom a foreign exchange student to come live with us for a few months. When I heard this I told my mom she had to say YES! Maybe she can be my best friend and it could be a really cool experience. My mom decided to accept the offer, but we had to pick a girl from tons of different countries. I've always loved the Japanese culture, the music, the food, and the anime. So we decided on a japanese girl! I was soo excited and couldn't wait to tell everyone but for some reason we kept it down low... don't know ask my mom but before we knew it she arrived.
Her name is Akane Yanagisawa. She is from Tokyo, Japan. She is 16 years old and going to be a Junior in high school. Soo that means she's coming to school with me and Im super excited! I cant wait for her to experience America! I think its just because I know how she feels coming to a different country speaking little english...i think overall i want her to have a better experience than I did haha.



 2nd Day in Utah
Let me just tell you that she has a big desire to learn english and the culture here. She is enthusiastic in everything we do. She always wants to be doing something, eating american food, and getting to know us better...so we took her swimming with us!

3rd Day in Utah 
We decided to go to the state capital to show her around Salt Lake City. It was my first time also coming up to the capital so we got to share that experience together haha we also went to temple square but didn't take pictures ):

4th Day in Utah
We showed her what we do on Sundays...which is nothing but still good right? She really wanted to cook for us today so she made us some soup! Miso Soup...don't know what it is, smelled good so I tried it. Very VERY different soup, lots of seaweed and spices combined. But overall our family loved the food. So we made her try some guacamole..not really american but mexican haha she loved it. Good Sunday it has been.

Akane keeps me busy 24/7. Teaching her english and the foods that we eat here and her teaching me about Japan. I've learned SOO much in the last 4 days shes been here and I cant wait to learn even more. She came at the time I needed a friend and I am soo grateful for her. Im going to share my senior year with her and I literally cant wait for school. So far this year has treated me with love (: cant wait!

-xx

No comments: